Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dresses can now be formed

I got a new crafty toy in the mail today.

Dressform

Yes, a dressform! I'm so excited. I've wanted one of these for so long. It's a Uniquely You Dressform. My mom (thank you, Mommy) bought it for me for my birthday from Sew Vac Direct online. It is soft-sided, so I can pin things to it, and we must have chosen the right measurements, because I didn't really feel the need to alter the cover, as the instructions said to do. I'm also lazy and tired after being at work all day, so I figure I can alter it later, if need be. I think I have to do a horizontal dart under the bust -- the instructions made it seem everyone had to do that. Oh, well, that is for another day. It's great! It is sitting in my corner of the living room, next to my computer desk. I can't wait to use it (ooohh, I think I see a weekend project on the horizon)!